OpenCayle. User guides
OpenCayle is a service platform oriented to massive storage, publish and treatment of scientic data, although OpenCayle can be used to store other data. Storage service, which is the platform base, is based on the objects and buckets storage concept of S3 protocol.
The following are the rules for naming S3 buckets:
- Bucket names must be unique across all existing bucket names in Amazon S3.
- Bucket names must be at least 3 and no more than 63 characters long.
- Bucket names must not contain uppercase characters or underscores.
- Bucket names must start with a lowercase letter or number.
- Bucket names must be a series of one or more labels.
- Adjacent labels are separated by a single period (.).
- Bucket names can contain lowercase letters, numbers, and hyphens.
- Each label must start and end with a lowercase letter or a number.
- Bucket names must not be formatted as an IP address (for example, 192.168.5.4).